More resort info:
- Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch: Enjoy the best meal of the day with Lilo, Stitch and Mickey or Pluto have been known to show up at this great morning get together with scrambled eggs, island-style fried potatoes, Hawaiian pork sausage, smoked bacon, fresh fruits and pastries.
- Kona Cafe: American food flavored with the accents of the South Pacific for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show: This beautiful show involves hula dancing, music and other South Pacific dances, along with the fire-knife dance all aglow in an open air theater covered with thatched roof with wonderful foods of the Pacific in an all you can eat buffet serving barbequed pork ribs, seasonal vegetables, Polynesian rice, roast chicken, pineapple and salad with mango poppy seed dressing and Mandarin oranges.
- 'Ohana: The evening special is cooked to perfection over an 18 foot grill with skewers of beef, pork or turkey, and stir fried vegetables, noodles and dumplings.
Shopping at the Polynesian
There are various shopping boutiques in the resort; Bou-tiki - Polynesian gifts, resort wear, souvenirs, Disney clothing, located on the first floor of the Ceremonial House; Wyland Galleries of Florida - sea scapes by artist Robert Wyland, also first floor of the Ceremonial House; Samoa Snacks which is on the second floor of the house where you can purchase liquors, beer, snacks, sundries and wine; Trader Jack's - also on the second floor of the house featuring gifts, Disney character items and children's toys and clothing. A great place to pick up those items you forgot, need or just to browse and see what is available.
- Laundry facilities/ Valet dry cleaning and laundry services
- Spa & Health Club 6 AM - 9 PM
- Concierge Services
- Pack-n-Play Playard available
- Babysitting and child services
- Self parking/ Valet (fee)
- Room service 6:30 AM - Midnight
Disney Polynesian King Kamehameha Club Benefits
- Pre-arrival Itinerary Planning
- Personal Front desk and Concierge service available 7 AM - 10 PM
- Turndown service with chocolates
- Access to Club Level Lounge: Continental breakfast, midday snack, evening wine and cheese, cordials and desserts
- Free Health Club
- Daily USA Today delivered to room
- Free Fax
- Chance to book Wildlife Discovery Excursion at Animal Kingdom (fee)
Guest Room Features
You will absolutely love the Polynesain!
Created to look and feel like a Tahitian assembly lodge, the resort is across from the Magic Kingdom and the Seven Seas Lagoon, with luxury rooms decorated and styled after the real South Pacific tropical islands with bamboo and rattan, coconut palms and volcanic rocks. Each night is brought in by the traditional Polynesian way with the fire-knife dance, authentic drums and great chanting. The Great Ceremonial House contains a waterfall going over volcanic rocks with coconut palms towering over 75 different kinds of indigenous plants. Here is where the torch lighting begins and the night is welcomed by the fire-knife dance. The Nanea Volcano Pool sports a 40 foot high volcano with waterfall and tubular waterslide and an incredible musical water pageant is held each night on the lagoon. The Spirit of Aloha dinner show in Luau Cove is a wonderful feast with music and dancing to thrill the guests. A truly spectacular sight, sound and energy flowing evening to be had each and every night at the Polynesian.
The Polynesian Guest Room Features:
Standard Guest Rooms (5 Guests):
- Lagoon View: Views of the Seven Seas Lagoon
- Garden View: Views of the marina, pool, garden or monorail
- Magic Kingdom View: Views of the Magic Kingdom across the lagoon
Standard Enhanced Guest Rooms (5 Guests):
- Garden or Pool View: Phone in bathroom, DVD Player, Voice Mail, Robes, Alarm Clock, King Kamehameha Club benefits.
- Lagoon View: Phone in bathroom, DVD Player, Voice Mail, Robes, Alarm Clock, King Kamehameha Club benefits.
Guest Suites (max 2-9 Guests):
- Marina View: Views of the marina and can connect with King Kamehameha suite, includes enhanced features, bathroom with whirlpool bath, king size bed (sleeps 2)
- Marina View: views of the marina, one bedroom with 2 queen size beds, living room with day bed, includes enhanced features and King Kamehameha club benefits
- Cinderella's Castel and Marina View: Two Bedroom Princess; wheel chair accessible, can connect to King Kamehameha suite, master bedroom with 2 queen size beds, bathroom with tub and roll in shower, second bedroom with 2 queen size beds, full bathroom, living room with day bed, table and chairs, ceiling fans, wet bar, patio, phone is bathroom, DVD player, Robes, Alarm clock and King Kamehameha benefits (sleeps 9)
- Garden View: Two Bedroom Honeymoon, master bedroom with king size bed, full bathroom, second bedroom with 2 queen size beds, living room with queen size sleeper sofa, full bathroom by entrance, kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dishes, toaster, wet bar, dining area with table and chairs, ceiling fans in every room, private patio or balcony, phone in bathroom, DVD player, Robes, Alarm clock and King Kamehameha benefits (sleeps 8)
- Cinderella's Castel and Marina View: Two Bedrooms King Kamehameha that can connect to Princess and Honeymoon suites, 2 stories, master bedroom with king size bed, full bathroom, extra bathroom with whirlpool tub, second bedroom with 2 queen size beds, full bathroom, living room with queen size sleeper sofa, half bathroom by entrance, kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dishes, toaster, wet bar, dining area with table and chairs, ceiling fans in every room, private patio or balcony, phone in bathroom, DVD player, Robes, Alarm clock and King Kamehameha benefits (sleeps 8)
So many things to do at the Polynesian!
If you are looking for something to do while you are staying at Disney's Polynesian Resort, you will not have to look very far. There are so many fun and exciting things to do at the Polynesian that you will never get bored the entire time that you are there.
Recreational Activites at the Polynesian:
- Never Land Club: From 4 PM until midnights your children will thrive in this Peter Pan themed clubhouse with Disney movies, video games, dinner and snacks, and play with kids their age. A good time for the parents to do a little dancing and drinking or whatever their fancies might be.
- Pools: Two pools are located within the resort, the Nanea Volcano Pool and the Poly East, which is the quieter and deeper. The Volcano pool offers a 40 foot waterfall and 142 foot tube slide; there is a kiddies pool nearby for the younger children.
- Beach: These white sandy beaches will lead you into the cool blue waters of the lagoon, with hammocks, lounge chairs and cabanas to help you relax and enjoy the day.
- Arcade: Open for 24 hours every day, this arcade has all the best video and pinball games.
- Fishing: You can opt for a family trip with Bass Nitro Fishing or the junior trip for children, sorry fish must go back.
- Watercraft Rentals: At the Mikala Canoe Club Marina you can rent some awesome boats for as long as you want and explore the lagoon; canoes, canopy boats, pontoon boats, 14 foot dual hull sailboats, 17 foot Boston Whaler Montauk or sea raycers.
- Bike Rentals: You can rent a bike or surrey for 2 or 4 people and ride to your heart's content. Enjoy the trails or paths all over the resort.
- Jogging Trails: With more than one trail to jog, walk or bike, you will have a good workout and enjoy the wonderful scenery.
- Spa and Health at the Grand Floridian: For guests staying at the Polynesian Resort, a monorail ride to the next stop brings you to this fabulous health club with all the latest and greatest equipment; with the spa offering up skincare, pedicures, massages, body and water therapies and other wonderful adventures for the body.